Recover your Google password in a few steps
Sometimes you may forget your Gmail login password. In this case, you need to follow a few essential steps to recover your account. This will allow you to use all services again, including Gmail.
- Start by clicking on this link to recover your account
- Enter your Gmail address
- Click on “Next”
- Gmail will ask you to enter the last password you remember
- Fill it in and click on “Next”
- You must then fill in the validation code that Google sends you by SMS (if you have indicated a phone number for the recovery of your account) or an email on an associated email address. By SMS the validation code is 6 digits long and starts with
- You are then asked to enter a new password. Make sure it is as secure as possible, preferably with an upper case, lower case, a number and a symbol.
Tip: always remember to enter a recovery email address and a phone number. This will allow you to recover your Gmail account if you need it.
Note: don’t forget to change your password regularly…
See also: how to delete my Gmail
You think someone has hacked your Gmail? In this case we advise you to follow the Google procedure to recover a hacked Gmail account.
How to recover my Gmail mailbox ?
If you know the exact email address of your Gmail account, just follow the procedure if you forgot your password, and you will be able to recover your Gmail mailbox. Otherwise, you need to find your @gmail.com username first.
Back to advanced Gmail tips