I can’t find my Gmail contacts in the interface, where should I click? I would like to export them to Excel or to iPhone, iPad or any other smartphone or tablet.
Where to find the list of contacts on Gmail (computer)?
On a computer, there is no link anymore… You have to go directly to contacts.google.com to find your Internet contacts, i.e. the address book.
Where is the Gmail address book (app)?
On mobile, in the Gmail app, you have a link in the menu to the Contacts app (which you will have to install). Find it here in the Play Store or follow these instructions:
1: click on the menu
2: scroll down to find the link
3: click on the Contacts link
See also: where are Gmail archived messages?
How to export Gmail contacts?
Once you are on the contacts interface:
- in the “More…” menu click on “Export…”
- choose which contacts will be exported (possibly all)
- choose the export format among the 3 following ones:
- Google CSV format (import in a Google account or in Excel)
- Outlook CSV format (import in Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail or another application)
- vCard format (import into Apple Address Book or another application)
- click on “Export” and get the downloaded file
How to create or add a contact on Gmail computer?
- go to your contacts contacts.google.com
- In the upper left corner, click on Create a contact
- Enter the contact information
- Click on Save
How to enter a new contact on the Gmail app (Android)?
- At the bottom right, press Add ➕
- Enter the contact’s name, as well as the email address or phone number
- To select the account to save the contact to, tap the down arrow 🔽 next to your email account
- To add more name details, press the down arrow 🔽 next to the “Name” field
- To add a photo, at the top of the screen, tap Add photo for contact 📸
- To enter additional information, such as a mailing address or notes, tap More Fields
- When finished, tap Save
See also: how to create a signature in Gmail
How do I view and manage a Google contact on my computer?
- Go to Google Contacts
- Click on a contact’s name
- In the top right corner, click the Edit icon 🖊️
- Edit the information
- Click Save
See also: how to send large attachments in Gmail
How do I edit a Gmail contact on phone?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app
- Tap the contact you want to edit
- At the bottom right, tap Edit 🖊️
- Make sure you’re using the right Google account
- Enter the contact’s name, email address and phone number. To enter more information, tap More fields or the down arrow 🔽
- To change the photo, tap it and choose one of the available options
- Press Save
Where is the Gmail address book located?
In the Gmail mobile app, the link to the address book is located in the menu. Click here to see the details. For Gmail on a computer, there is no link in the interface that leads directly to Gmail contacts.
What are contacts on Gmail?
Contacts are all the people stored in your address book, where you can store phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses and more. Google contacts are used with several Google services.
Back to Gmail hints and tips